This information is based off a CLI upgrade procedure..
Complete these steps in order to upgrade two units in an Active/Standby failover configuration:
- Download the new software to both units, and specify the new image to load with the boot system command.
- Reload the standby unit to boot the new image by entering the failover reload-standby command on the active unit as shown below:
- When the standby unit has finished reloading and is in the Standby Ready state, force the active unit to fail over to the standby unit by entering the no failover active command on the active unit.
active#no failover active
Note: Use the show failover command in order to verify that the standby unit is in the Standby Ready state.
- Reload the former active unit (now the new standby unit) by entering the reload command:
- When the new standby unit has finished reloading and is in the Standby Ready state, return the original active unit to active status by entering the failover active command:
This completes the process of upgrading an Active/Standby Failover pair.